01 December 2010

57. Beyond Mind there is no Suffering

I find that somehow, by shifting the focus of attention, I become the very thing I look at and experience the kind of consciousness it has…

…I become the inner witness of the thing. I call this capacity of entering other focal points of consciousness – love…

…Love says: 'I am everything'. Wisdom says: 'I am nothing' Between the two my life flows.

Since at any point of time & space I can be both the subject & the object…, I express it by saying that I am both, & neither, & beyond both.

Suffering warns us that the structure of memories and habits, which we call the person…, is threatened by loss or change.

Pain is essential for the survival of the body, but none compels you to suffer.

Suffering is due entirely to clinging or resisting; it is a sign of our unwillingness to move on, to flow with life.

The essence of saintliness is total acceptance of the present moment, harmony with things as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment